Eating the recommended five servings of fruits and vegetables isn’t always easy. Even if you do, you still might not be getting the wide range of vitamins and minerals you need. Each color group of fruits and vegetables offers different beneficial effects, so to get these essential nutrients, you have to eat the rainbow! What Color Is Your Smoothie? helps you do just that. Inside, you’ll find delicious, easy-to-make recipes, such as:
- Sparkling Strawberry Smoothie—bright red strawberries are packed with vitamin C. They also contain heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and belly-filling fiber.
- Clever Carrots and Spice—orange carrots are full of beta-carotene, which helps prevent cancer, arthritis, and cardiovascular disease
- Pineapple Banana Cream—yellow bananas are rich in carotenoids, which can decrease the likelihood of lung cancer
- Spicy Spinach Smoothie—dark green veggies contain phytochemicals, which can protect your eyes by keeping your retinas strong
- Blueberry Blastoff Smoothie—blue and purple foods contain flavonoids, which help prevent short-term memory loss
With more than 300 colorful, vitamin-packed smoothies to choose from, you’ll blend, smooth, and shake your way to a healthy new you!
This was the one we tried this week. Pumpkin Pie.
Yields 2 cups.
2 cups pure pumpkin puree’
1 Teaspoon each of ground Ginger, Cloves, Nutmeg and Cinnamon
1 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Cup Crushed Ice
In your blender combine everything except half of the ice. You can use the rest if needed to make it as thick or thin as you like.
Mom and kid tested and it was incredible! This book I found at the library and then I bought it. The Vanilla Pear was an amazing combo. They are all good for you and full of nutrients.
I am an intermittent faster and I eat twice a day. Once at 1 p.m. and once at 8 p.m. and I save my smoothies for night-time. Normally they don’t have almond milk but instead 4 different greens in 1 cup of water and then some Maca powder, Spirulina, and a handful of frozen fruits. So this pumpkin smoothie would be a treat for me.
Try it and enjoy!